Battle of the Metaverse and Billion Dollar Hack – 13 Expert Predictions on the Future of Crypto in 2022 | Currency News | Financial and business news
- After a turbulent 2021 in crypto, pundits have shared their predictions for the industry next year with Insider.
- Among them: Expect a battle for the Metaverse, the first billion dollar hack, and the use of bots to buy NFTs.
- The crypto economy will reach $ 7.5 trillion in 2022, and part of the jobs will be in the metaverse, were the rest.
Events in the crypto space are moving mile-a-minute – and expect next year to keep pace as big companies invest their territory, blockchains refine their technology, and easier entry points let newcomers in.
Consider what happened in 2021: El Salvador adopted the major cryptocurrency bitcoin as legal tender. Retail investors plunged. China cracked down on crypto mining. Facebook has moved all-in on the metaverse, causing Wall Street to see dollar signs.
Digital currencies are now well on their way to becoming part of mainstream finance. The United States approved the first bitcoin futures ETF, while crypto leaders urged regulators to provide clearer rules for the $ 3 trillion industry.
This wave of developments, which came as the pandemic unfolded, generated a flurry of excitement among investors. To find out what engines might be coming, Insider asked industry experts to predict the future of crypto.
Here are the 13 best predictions for the crypto industry in 2022:
1. The price of Ethereum will increase at a much faster rate than that of bitcoin, due to the move to proof of stake. – Tom Higgins, CEO of the Gold-i asset management platform.
2. Bitcoin could take over stocks in 2022. – Mike McGlone, Chief Crypto Analyst at Bloomberg Intelligence.
3. A Fortune 500 crypto firm that has gone remotely first will declare its official headquarters to be on one of the competing metaavers. – Brandon Arvanaghi, CEO of crypto startup Meow.
4. The metaverse will become the new interface for people to interact with the web and with each other. – Justin Banon, co-founder of the decentralized Boson Protocol network.
5. Expect a battle between crypto-native metavers and those launched by games and companies like Meta. – Brock Pierce, President of the Bitcoin Foundation.
6. The crypto-economy’s market capitalization will grow from a high of $ 3 trillion in 2021 to over $ 7.5 trillion at some point in 2022. – Rohit Talwar, CEO of the analysis and research firm Fast Future.
7. Next year will see the world’s first billion dollar hack as DeFi activity continues to increase. – Benjamin Whitby, who oversees regulatory affairs at the Qredo cross-chain protocol, on decentralized finance.
8. At least 25 countries will use a central bank digital currency by the end of 2022. Either their own or one issued by another country, such as the Chinese digital yuan. – The Talwar from Fast Future.
9. Investors will use bots to make purchases during NFT strike events, which could potentially exclude less sophisticated users. – Ethan McMahon, economist at blockchain data platform Chainalysis, on non-fungible tokens.
10. Most people will perform some daily chores in the Metaverse. – Shane Molidor, Revenue Director of digital asset financial platform AscendEx.
11. Banks will turn to crypto to spot fraud trends. – Chris Stephens, head of fraud and security analysis on the Callsign identification platform.
12. Initial game offerings will become popular. Expect big organizations like GameStop and Epic to start playing at some point in 2022. – Nick Saponaro, co-founder and CEO of the decentralized payment ecosystem Divi Project.
13. If countries take a hostile stance, adoption will be much slower. – Witek Radomski, co-founder and CTO of the Enjin blockchain platform.
Read more: If you’re a Gen Y or Gen Z crypto investor, now is the time to diversify, according to the chief investment officer of a company with $ 260 billion. It breaks down 6 âless trendyâ assets offering uncorrelated returns.